Documents for Registration
Documents Required for Enrollment
- Applicants who have been admitted should present themselves personally at the Registrar’s Office to submit the documents required by the University between the dates announced.
- Original versions of the documents submitted for application, of the translated documents, as well as the additional documents requested should all be submitted at enrollment.
- Original version of the interim certificate of graduation if the original version of the high school diploma or the high school diploma is not ready yet,
- Original version of the “Equivalence Certificate” granted by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education that proves the equivalence of the high school diploma to the diplomas earned at Turkish high schools,
- A copy of the passport page that has the picture and personal information of the student and the page where the student visa is present,
- 6 passport photos,
- Receipt stating that the tuition fee payment has been made,
- Original version of the national/international exam certificate submitted for application,
- Students who have applied for the programs taught in Turkish medium are required to document their proficiency in Turkish language. To start studying, students are required to score C1 and higher for undergraduate programs and B2 and higher for associate degree programs in the Turkish Proficiency Exam administered at International Students Testing centers that are accredited by TOMER, Yunus Emre Foundation and the Council of Higher Education.
- If the enrollment documents are in any language other than Turkish or English, their certified translations into Turkish or English should also be submitted along with the copies of their original version.
Visa and Residence Permit Procedures
- After completing the enrollment process, students of foreign nationality should apply for residence permit to study within the first one month following their entrance to Turkey. A copy of the residence cards granted upon the application should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
- Students that have their residence permit granted for a city other than İzmir are obliged to make sure that their file is registered for İzmir. It is the sole responsibility of students to cover all the costs that may emerge and to make applications in a timely manner within the context of these procedures.
- Students who will apply for residence permit to study are required to have a valid healthcare insurance. It is the sole responsibility of students to take out a valid insurance. Information concerning healthcare insurance is accessible on the web page of İzmir Provincial Directorate of Migration or its office can be visited to ask for relevant information.
- The general instructions run by the public authorities concerning students of foreign nationality apply to the visa and residence permit documents required by the University.
- Those who hold a Blue Card are not required to apply for residence permit.